London local number
Nationwide number (toll free)
Professional Woodworm Treatment in London Done by Licensed Experts
Like their name suggests, woodworms like to munch on, well - wood. This means that this type of pest is capable of inflicting some serious (and expensive) damage to the structure of your home. If you’ve heard some interesting sounds around your house, coming from basically nowhere, and at the same time, have noticed holes in beams and wooden furniture - congratulations! You are most likely a victim of a woodworm attack.
In such cases it’s best to count on the help of a professional, that’s if you don’t want to invest in a serious home renovation.
4 Steps for Treating Woodworms:
Schedule your visit ASAP:
- Use our GoFantastic app
- Fill our online booking form or chat
- Call us on 033 0320 0547
On the scheduled day, a pest control surveyor will arrive on the property. You are free to choose from:
- Have the inspection only
- Book a 1-month guaranteed service
- Book a 3-month guaranteed service
There are two options for treating these pests.
- Using a long-lasting insecticide to spray the affected areas.
- Using heat treatment to kill the wood-boring beetles in all life stages.
Be aware of all important post-service information.
- Keep an eye out for the signs of woodworm infestation.
- If your property is at risk of pest problems, book pest inspections on a regular basis.
How Our Woodworm Treatment Works
An expert technician arrives on your property to inspect the area where you've noticed signs of infestation. After that, the surveyor may also need to take a look at nearby wood products to make sure the infestation hasn't spread.
Whether you've decided to use the spray method or the heat treatment, your property will be treated with the utmost care. The insecticide has a long residual effect. The heat treatment eliminates the wood-boring beetles in all life stages.
When you book a guaranteed service, you can get up to two free additional visits from the pest technician to check up on the results. These follow-up treatments are done upon request and are scheduled ahead of time.
At the end of the service, the exterminator will leave you with some a written report and advice on how you can protect your woodwork from infestations in the future.
Why Pick Us for Pest Treatments
We have special discounts you can take advantage of
Our schedule is flexible so we can fit your timetable
After the pest treatment, we can arrange for a disinfection
24/7 customer support
Woodworm Treatment Prices
Check the cost of our woodworm treatment service and make sure to read our terms below the table.
|Fantastic Club | Standard|
|Inspection (without a treatment)||£45|
|Full treatment with a 3-month guarantee*||£242 | £285|
Read our termsX
– Prices are applicable for residential properties only.
– All insects treatments include treatment of the affected areas only.
– No further charges go on top of the rates except parking and congestion, if applicable.
– £50 additional charge on all night jobs (night job is considered between 8pm and 5am appointment time)
- T&C and Minimum call out charges apply. When we calculate the price, we also take into consideration the area's dimensions and the time of the appointment. All prices and deals are valid for areas within M25. Note that prices may vary for areas outside of M25, call in for more details on your location.
* Full treatment with a 3-month guarantee consists of 1 major visit + 2 follow-ups in a 3-month period. Please mind that follow-ups can be organised only upon your further request.
** If your property has more than 4 bedrooms, contact us for a quote.
What clients are saying
Woodworm prevention tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can pest controllers work during the Coronavirus lockdown?
A: Yes, according to BPCA, pest controllers are still allowed to visit properties, in order to make assessments and implement pest control solutions. You can check our dedicated article that gives more explanation regarding pest control services during Coronavirus lockdown.
Q: How can I pay for the pest controller’s work?
A: Your card may be charged for the full price of the service immediately upon booking or at any time before the service begins.
Q: What areas do you cover?
A: Visit our Coverage page to see all the areas we currently cover.
Q: How do I know if my home is infested?
A: If the surface of your furniture, floorboards, or roof joists is perforated by several tiny holes, this doesn’t necessary mean that the bugs are still active.
Q: How do I deal with woodworms?
A: Тhe common furniture beetle is relatively harmless and can be treated with coats of water-based boron that can be either brushed or sprayed on.
Q: How do I keep woodworms from returning?
A: Maintaining low humidity levels and ensuring decent air ventilation is a good start. You can also purchase a timber moisture metre, whose probe you can use to determine the humidity levels within the timber.
Q: What should I do if I want to change the time of my woodworm treatment appointment?
A: You can easily make any changes through the dashboard section, once you log into your Fantastic account. If you haven’t got one yet, it’s really easy to create it at your convenience.
You have a very specific pest question?
Fill in the form, upload images and click send. One of the expert pest technicians at Fantastic Pest Control will provide you an answer ASAP.)
Learn more about woodworms
Check our tips, tricks and other useful information regarding woodworms.