What Bugs Cause Allergic Reactions

what bugs cause allergic reactions

For some people household pests can be more than just annoying. If you are one of the many thousands of allergy sufferers or someone with respiratory problems pests in your home can be very hazardous for your health.

Children or young adults are also more likely to develop allergies when in regular contact with some household pests. With symptoms ranging from a runny nose to more life-threatening anaphylaxis shock, it’s vital to keep pests to a minimum.

Need a Pest Exterminator?

Enter your postcode to view our rates and availability in your area.

Enter your postcode

For questions about the services we offer visit our main site or you can always call us at 020 3746 0579

Let’s look at some of the more common pests and health problems that can result from an invasion. What bugs cause allergic reactions?

Health Problems Caused by Dust Mites

If you suffer from a dust mite allergy, your problem is caused by the proteins that are contained in the droppings and dead bodies of the dust mites in your home.

Symptoms of a dust mite allergy

When dust mites enter your body, they can trigger an allergic reaction which may cause an inflammation in your nose, lungs, and eyes. The symptoms are similar to the symptoms of pollen allergies. You should consult with a doctor to be sure which one you have.

These allergies usually peak in summer. Regular exposure will only exacerbate the symptoms and lead to long-lasting damage to your health.

What can you do about it?

Unfortunately, dust mites aren’t something you can simply get rid of. They reside in dust and are basically everywhere. They can be mostly found in your bed as they very much enjoy feeding on your dead skin cells.

The best thing you can do to get rid of dust mites is to limit your exposure to dust. Regular cleaning might significantly fix your condition. You can also call a professional pest control team to kill all dust mites in your bed, guaranteeing a dust mite-free bed for the next two months.

Check also:

How to Get Rid of Dust Mites in Your Home

Health Problems Caused by Cockroaches

Unlike dust mites, cockroach allergies are not seasonal and they can turn into a chronic illness. If you suffer from a cockroach allergy, it’s usually their faeces, saliva, and dead bodies that lie at the root of the problem.

Symptoms of cockroach allergies

If you have a cockroach allergy, the symptoms would be coughing, nasal congestion, sinus infection, ear infection, wheezing, and skin rashes.

Asthma sufferers are far more likely to have exacerbated symptoms and will be troubled by itchy skin, throat, nose, and eyes. They will also have problems breathing. Cockroaches have even been known to trigger an asthma attack.

What can you do about it?

Always see a doctor when suspecting an unusual allergy. The best way to avoid this allergy is, of course, by keeping these evil creatures away from your home. Call a pest controller to get rid of the fiendish insects for good. Afterwards, try to keep your house clean, fix any pipe leaks, and fill in any structural cracks in your property.

Check also:

How to Get Rid of Cockroaches by Yourself

Health Problems Caused by Wasps

If you have a wasp allergy, а single sting can become life-threatening. Sufferers always carry medication in the form of an epinephrine shot. If you have been stung by a wasp before and it wasn’t a big deal, you might think you are safe. However, one thing people don’t know is that this allergy can be acquired over time.

Symptoms of wasp sting allergies

The instant sharp pain in the stung area, the red welt, and the resulting swelling is a normal reaction of a wasp sting and is not usually dangerous. However, you should start feeling wary if the swelling continues for the next few days.

Severe symptoms include nausea, weak pulse, dizziness, difficulty breathing, and loss of consciousness. In this case, you should immediately get to a hospital as your life will depend on the actions you will take in the next 15 minutes.

What can you do about it?

You can actually reduce the likelihood of being stung by taking a few precautions. Firstly, always brush the wasp off your body rather than trying to swat them. Secondly, don’t wear bright clothing or use powerful perfumes. Third, don’t expose your skin when you’re outside, if possible. Finally, make sure to book a wasp nest removal service to get rid of all the stingers.

Check also:

How to Get Rid of a Wasps Nest

There are plenty of treatments available both over the counter and from a doctor, but the most effective way of dealing with any symptoms is by removing the problem.

If you’re dealing with a pest infestation, don’t be tempted to tackle it yourself. Reduce the chances of triggering a health-threatening allergy by calling for professional help straight away.

Image source: Juta/shutterstock.com

Spread this knowledge with your friends!
Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Buffer this page
Pin on Pinterest
Share on Reddit

Sign Me Up for Fresh Updates I want to have fantastic stories delivered straight to my inbox for free.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This